Subscribe to our Newsletter for valuable information and savings
Multi Point-Courtesy Inspection
What to expect when you visit Danny’s Car Clinic
Below is the 30 point courtesy inspection. This inspection is performed every time you visit Danny’s Car Clinic. Most importantly , we review our findings with you so you know exactly what needs to be done to your vehicle. We will help you prioritize Safety versus maintenance and broken items. Knowing all of this information will help you become educated and help you make an informed decision on your vehicles needs.
30 POINT INSPECTION
1. Walk around vehicle, road test (brake pulsation, engine operation/noises, alignment (ride/handling), dummy lights, vibration, steering, check parking brake, wiper operation, blow horn, check instrument gauges/lights)
2. Pull vehicle in bay and perform light check (interior lights, high& low beams, marker, parking, turn signals, emergency flashers, fog, back-up, licence plate, & 3rd(clearance and id lights if equiped). Note if headlight restoration is needed. Check cabin airfilter, pull hood release.
3. Check air filters (use theory listed on bottom of page c-a-m) check belts and hoses check under hood fluids including- power steering, brake fluid, transmission fluid, engine oil, antifreeze coolant, and clutch if applicable
4. Check for timing belt yes or no-and if needed
5. Clean debris out of cowl etc…
6. Check customer history
7. Set rack & check wipers, check if vehicle has wheel locks and locate key. Lift half way, set tire pressure, shake all 4 wheels for play
9. Fully raise vehicle, remove oil plug and change oil filter if olf is being performed.walk around underneath and look for leaks, check drivetrain/ 4×4 level and condition(check fluid based on theory on back c-a-m), check suspension front and rear &exhaust system.(at this point vehicle estimate should be entered in computer)
10. Lubricate chassis if posible
11. Install oil plug
12. Lower vehcile half way install wheels and torque to vehicle spec
13. Lower vehilce to ground
14. Refill engine oil , reinstall engine oil cap & start and turn off engine after oil pressure is reached (circle which one light or gauge) and check for correct oil level, install new lube sticker(3k for regular & 5k for syenthic)
15. Put the wheel lock key back if had one
16. Write correct wheel torque and tire pressure in vehicle notes
Front and rear differential, transfer case, final drive unit- all are recommended every 30k. The service advisor will take the time to explain the interval based on manufacturer vs danny’s car clinic to the client. The technician only need to check the fluids every 30k or when actually performing a 30, 60 or 90 k service.
A leak is defined as more than just thin residue in a small area. The information the service advisor needs is
Technician needs to circle whether it has a gauge or light after starting to make sure the oil pressure is good.
Cabin air filter- our policy is to check the cabin air filter every 15k. The technician should include in customer vehicle notes the mileage at which it was checked.
Technician should check timing belt history and maintenance interval and put in customer vehicle notes. If recommending timing belt technician should note if water pump is needed.
Check vehicle history so we do not recommend something we have alredy repaired
Make recommendation based on condition age and milage
Condition= item fails test or is dirty to the point it will not function as designed.
Age- the item is older than the allowable/recommended shelf or use life